1. What are you most looking forward to while working at Events North? I am looking forward to having fun, while doing what I love, and that is planning and executing events. I am in an environment that allows me to be myself; creative, fun and detailed.
2. How did you end up in Traverse City? I was lucky enough to marry a native of TC. Moving to TC from metro-Detroit was part of our "5-year plan" and when the opportunity presented itself, it turned into our 5-month plan. So,within a few months, we had a baby boy, new careers, a new home in a new town and here we are! And, yes, we are still sane and we love it all!
3. What is your favorite part of the event/meeting planning business? I really enjoy seeing the finished product, including the smiles on the clients' and attendees' faces. Hours and days can be long, but it is always worth it in the end and that is what keeps me going.
4. Please describe yourself in 5 words. Creative, witty, courageous, honest, and compassionate
5. Tell us a bit about your family! My husband, Brent, is my best friend and we share a love for sports and outdoor activities. We enjoy everything outdoors and appreciate all that Northern Michigan has to offer. We can't wait to share our love for the outdoors with our son, Aiden. He will be one year old in late spring, so he'll be hiking and camping with us this summer! We will save fishing for when he is a little older. Oh, and we can't forget Maine, our English Pointer. She loves all of the above too!
6. If you could be any movie character who would you be and why? I would happily be any female character that plays opposite of Hugh Jackman. Yep, it would have to be a romantic comedy or an X-men movie for sure.
7. Sum up your experience at Events North thus far - One word…awesome. It's a perfect fit for me, personally and professionally. I work with great clients that laugh with me on a daily basis and the same goes for the Events North team, we get the job done and have fun doing it.
8. Tell us a random fact about yourself. My first concert was ZZ Top…I was in 6th grade and I am fairly certain I was the youngest one there, but still sang along to every song with my Dad and brother. Oh yeah, I also hope to one day be on Wheel of Fortune.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Ireland, it's where the Hennessey's originated (my maiden name). And yes, I do fit well into the EN team of Beers and Jameson.
10. Last but not least: tell us a joke. Knock knock...(who's there) Boo! (boo who?) Don't cry!