Monday, November 19, 2012

What We're Thankful For

While we are thankful everyday for how lucky we are to have the things we have, live in such a gorgeous city and be healthy and happy, with Thanksgiving right around the corner (or a few days away...how did that happen?!), we thought a blog post about a few things we are thankful for would be an excellent idea.

Things I am thankful for, by Allison Beers:

1. My healthy, lovely children. (side note by Meaghan: Seriously, these children are adorable. I'm not even a huge fan of children and I love these nuggets. Plus, Anna calls me "Meggie"... I cannot even handle how precious she is.)

Thank you to Photography by Scarlett for taking this photo of Anna and Jake aka the most precious gems in the world.
2. My wonderful husband, who doubles as the Events North CFO.
3. The fact that I'm lucky enough to be blessed with a normal, sane and great immediate family.
4. That I love what I do and enjoy going to work every single day. 
5. That I get the opportunity to work with such amazing clients and make a difference in my community through the work I do with my non-profit clients.

What I'm thankful for, by Meaghan Jameson:
1. My amazing parents who, even across the country, support me and believe in me every single day.
My amazing family
2. The friends and relationships that I've made this past year that have helped to allow me to call Traverse City my home. Also, all of my friends back in Florida who stay in touch with me -- even if they only get to see me once of twice a year.
3. That 13 miniature tootsie roll pops only have 130 calories.
4. That I live somewhere that has seasons, allows me to look outside my office window and see the bay, where I can safely walk to work and where I have a variety of amazing restaurant options. 
5. That I get to work in a job where I am excited to go to the office every day and that allows me to constantly learn new things and work with different clients. Every day is different and it is fantastic.


And as a special bonus, Allison's daughter let us know what she is thankful for as well.

What I'm thankful for, by Anna Beers, age 4:
Anna's most recent school picture. Yes, she really is only four years old.
1. I am thankful for my great family!
2. I am thankful for my city

(although those are the two things Anna said she was thankful for, we're pretty sure that she is also thankful for Taylor Swift, Hello Kitty and her pink sparkly TOMS shoes.)

So, those are just a few of the things that we are thankful for. I hope that this Thanksgiving brings you nothing but excellent memories and full stomachs!

No comments:

Post a Comment